Application Sales Representative
Omaha, NE 68127 US
Title: Application Sales Rep
Location: Omaha, NE onsite
Salary: Up to $55, 000 w/ 5% bonus
The Application Sales Representative works with customers and prospects, primarily by telephone and E-mail, to develop appropriate product specifications and quotations;and work through product-specific issues for Company products. The Application Sales Representative (ASR) associate works closely with other members of SMO Americas, the outside sales force, and the COEs to ensure customer satisfaction. As a primary internal point of contact for customers and prospects, an ASR associate must determine customersrequirements and quote the appropriate solution. As such, he/she is responsible for knowing multiple products well enough to be able to determine and quote solutions for a variety of basic applications. A large percentage of system quotes created by the ASR associate will be completed with the use of QuickQuote, but he/she will have the opportunity to quote straightforward engineered systems using other methods as well.
In this ASR position, you will be an essential part of the Inside Sales team, assisting customers with many of their day-to-day requests, including:
- Engineered system quotes involving working with the customer to help direct them to the best solution.
- Helping customers identify the correct replacement parts based on photos and previous documentation.
- Coordinating with the outside sales force on customer requests.
- Working with Engineering to get new part numbers and products created based on customer specifications
- Following-up with customers regarding active quotations and existing orders
This position is multi-faceted, and in a medium-sized organization, so you must interact comfortably with other departments regularly. Must be comfortable in a technical product setting.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business;or equivalent business experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Deal effectively with discounts, percentages, and proportions and currency conversion
- Must type 50 WPM with 90% accuracy
- Ability to read and analyze business information
- Presentation and customer interaction skill
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of all the products Company, and a good understanding of the applications in which they are used.
- Determine product needs and develop both parts and systems quotations in response to customer requests.
Provide technical information (e.G., drawings) relating to quotations and customer requests.
- Stay abreast of major quotations, and work with outside sales force, Market Development Manager, or others as needed to put the company in the best possible position to win the business.
- Handle day-to-day customer requests, such as providing price and availability, and determining the status of quotes, orders, and shipments.
- Enter customer complaints/concerns immediately upon learning of them.
- Initiate involvement by technical personnel for more complex issues or product failures.
- Generate Engineering Requests for activities such as the creation of new part numbers and bills of materials.
- Routinely update customer records in Navpoint during and following customer interactions.
- Reschedule orders with manufacturing
- Supports the Quality and EHS policy.
- Upholds the Core Values.
Travel is infrequent. However, travel to support a trade show or occasional visits to customer's facility or job site may be necessary to support the customer;facilitate learning;or improve knowledge of applications, markets, field issues, or usage of products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;or six months to one-year related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.