Assistant Production Manager
Houston, TX 77507 US
Title: PRODUCTION MANAGER ASSISTANT Department: PRODUCTION
Scope of Position
Ensure all aspects of production are well organized and short term plans are executed per the production schedule. Has a safety mindset and ensures operations procedures are up to date and followed. Supports training activities so that our operators are qualified for their assigned tasks. This position reports to the Production Manager and is able to step in the requirements for Production Manager when not available.
Responsibility and Authority
· Assist in planning and organizing day to day production activities through written instructions
· Assist in supervising shift operations of assigned production units
· Prepare and maintain production reports daily/weekly.
· Assist Plant Manager/ Production Manager in planning RM activities
· Ensure manufacturing procedures are followed and quality standards are maintained
· Support and maintain a training system to ensure production personnel are properly performing the tasks they are assigned
· Work with the leadership team to improve procedures and processes
· Maintain good attendance and work hours necessary to complete assigned tasks. Must be available for daily production tailgate meetings along with morning staff meetings.
· Track and optimize productivity to achieve production goals.
· Maintain a safe work environment by making sure that all safety rules are followed
· Assist in coordinating with Maintenance Department for any break down of plant equipment
· Support the EHS Coordinator in compiling Hazardous Energy Plans
· Monitor operations, set and implement corrective actions to prevent deviations.
· Assist Production Manager in creating batch sheets and labels for the production shifts
Knowledge and Skills
· Experience in a multi-shift production environment
· Good technical writing and verbal communication skills required. Fluent in English both verbal and written.
· Proven track record of leadership with technical and problem-solving skills
· Team player, self-motivated, able to think and resolve issues
· Candidate should possess some knowledge in Chemistry
· Computer literate
· Promote trust relationship with colleagues and managers.
Formal Education and Applicable Experience
· Some college education with Chemistry core classes preferred
· 3-5 years in the chemical industry with operations leadership
· Strongly motivated individual with a curious mind who works independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others toward team goals and objectives
· Batch plant experience preferred