Civil Engineer (SWPPP)
Manassas, VA US
A Civil Engineer is an integral part of the Engineering team that is capable of independently preparing calculations, permit applications, and engineering plans as requested by the Engineering and/or Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures corporate quality procedures and standards are followed
- Perform project functions related to the production of civil engineering plans.
- Meets client quality, schedule, and budget expectation.
- Research and analyze maps, blueprints, photos and charts.
- Develop and perform erosion and sediment control and stormwater management design plans and calculations.
- Without guidance, prepare engineering plans, application forms, and other necessary documents required for local, state, and federal permits.
- Perform quantity take-offs for projects.
- Participate in field visits and client meetings as required.
- Attend industry training events as requested by senior management.
- Compile and submit permit packages to state agencies.
- B.S. In civil engineering or similar field from an accredited university. Applicable industry
- experience may be substituted at the discretion of senior management.
- 3+ years of civil site engineering experience.
- Engineering in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) certification is preferred.
- Experience with PA, OH, GA, IN or VA permitting requirements.
- Candidate should be proficient with utilizing design software, such as AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Plan and construction documents preparation (engineering analysis, plans, reports, specifications and cost estimate).
- Demonstrated experience with grading and drainage.
- Proficient with stormwater management/best management practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for the effective management of own time and effort, in accordance with project priorities and objectives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Committed to working efficiently to complete tasks within budget and schedule constraints.