Houston, TX 77478 US
What You Will Do
As Controls Engineer you will be responsible for the design of control system details, instrumentation configuration, preparation for implementation, implementation, testing, documentation, and training.
A Typical Day
- Collaborates with project managers and estimators to assess potential projects and submit proposals.
- Reads and interprets diagrams and documentation and communicates with customers to understand objectives and preferences.
- Develops the overall architecture and communication strategy between control system elements.
- Works with the customer and other stakeholders to define and document control system functionality.
- Develops BOMs, IO lists, and requirements for control panels
- Serves as the technical lead for small projects. This includes building PLC and HMI templates for the project.
- Develops PLC programs in Ladder, Function Block, and other languages.
- Develops the human machine interface (HMI).
- Develops hardware and software test plans and writes simulation logic for the testing of the PLC and HMI system.
- Develops a training plan and materials to train operations and maintenance personnel.
- Communicates and coordinates with management of the installation team to ensure that technicians are executing per documented processes.
- Tests the installed system to observe system functionality and ensure that the programs function as designed.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during startup that are caused by incorrect drawings, changes in customer desires, inaccurate instrumentation specifications, or other technical issues. Diagnoses and resolves software and hardware interface issues.
- Trains customers on use and operation of client-specific system integration software.
- Interfaces with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Works with others to address design problems as necessary.
- May respond to service calls to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair programming and system failures.
- Mentor and train less experienced employees.
What You Will Bring
- 3 years Industrial Controls experience in engineering or construction industry or similar field
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechtronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related Bachelors discipline, related degree from a Technical College or equivalent Industrial controls experience
- 4 years of experience in PLC programming including ladder logic, function block, and structured text
- Strong working knowledge of Allen-Bradley suite and controls products (RsLogix RsView, Factory Talk ME/SE)
- Familiarity with networking (Ethernet/IP)
- Experience and knowledge of HMIs
- Ability to travel 20-40%
- 5 years Industrial Controls experience in engineering or construction industry or similar field
- Familiarity with Ignition, Wonderware, Iconics, Schneider, GE, VTScada, RedLion
What We Offer:
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Generous PTO
- Numerous culture events
- 401k matching and more!