Dispute Analyst Entry
San Antonio, TX 78216 US
The Dispute Analyst protects the financial interests of the bank and their members by researching, analyzing, and processing disputes and escalated inquiries to recover funds for the member in accordance with all Regulatory Requirements and Association rules.
- Handles all aspects of the Signature First Chargeback.
- May handle Presentments, Arbitration Chargeback, Pre-Compliance, Compliance, Pre-Arbitration, Arbitration and Good Faith.
- Resolves member disputes related to Debit Card Signature transactions.
- May handle member disputes related to ATM Domestic, ATM International, and PINpoint of Sale.
- Performs research for team members in order to investigate basic dispute claims in accordance with rules and regulations with a high degree of accuracy and within prescribed time limits.
- Provides and engages in customer service activities to determine member needs and provide appropriate resolution.
- Communicates the results of a dispute inquiry to a member in a professional manner.
- Seeks guidance from senior team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Maintains abreast of current Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) and Bank Card Association Rules.
- Processes Provisional and/or Permanent Credit to members account.
High School Diploma or equivalent
2+ years of customer contact experience in a sales, military or call center environment via telephone and e-mail, including minimum of 6 months of industry related customer contact experience in a Banking or other Financial Services institution.
Basic knowledge of Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office tools.
Intermediate knowledge of job specific systems and tools (e.G. Portal, Fidelity, etc.)
1+ year of industry related customer contact experience in a Banking or other Financial Services institution.
6 months of Disputes and/or Deposit experience
Proficient knowledge of windows operating environment and Microsoft Office tools.
Proficient knowledge of job specific systems and tools (e.G. Portal, Fidelity, FDR, etc.).
Overall EE/FE ration on previous year Performance Evaluation
Basic knowledge of MasterCard guidelines to include chargeback reason codes
Basic knowledge of Regulation E and/or Z"