Dispute Analyst Jr
San Antonio, TX 78216 US
The Dispute Analyst protects the financial interests of USAA and our members by researching, analyzing, and processing disputes and escalated inquiries to recover funds for the member in accordance with all Regulatory Requirements and Association rules. Job Duties:
- Resolves complex member disputes related to ATM Domestic, ATM International, PINpoint of Sale, and Debit Card Signature disputes to ensure Regulatory compliance.
- Handles all aspects of the Signature First Chargeback.
- May handle Presentments, Arbitration Chargeback, Pre-Compliance, Compliance, Pre-Arbitration, Arbitration and Good Faith.
- Maintains abreast of current Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) and Bank Card Association Rules.
- Investigates complex dispute claims in accordance with rules and regulations with a high degree of accuracy and within prescribed time limits.
- Processes Provisional and/or Permanent Credit to member s account.
- Provides and engages in customer service activities to determine member needs and provide appropriate resolution.
- Communicates the results of dispute inquiry to a member in a professional manner.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of complex card industry rules and federal regulations, analyzes and recommends proper reason codes on all chargebacks and ensures accurate documentation is obtained to minimize the FSB exposure to loss.
- Demonstrates analytical problem-solving skills by accurately identifying the issue and determining the best solution utilizing specific MasterCard rules and Federal Regulations to recover funds on the member s behalf.
- Performs all support tasks to ensure regulatory and MasterCard Association rules are met.
- Seeks guidance from senior team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of customer contact experience in a sales, military or call center environment via telephone and e-mail, including 1 year of industry-related customer contact experience in a Banking or other Financial Services institution.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office tools.
- Intermediate knowledge of job specific systems and tools (e.G., Portal, Fidelity, etc.).
- Proficient in MasterCard guidelines to include chargeback reason codes
- Proficient in Regulation E and/or Z
- Bachelor s degree
- 2+ years of industry related customer contact experience in a Banking or other Financial Services institution.
- 6 months of Disputes and/or Deposit experience
- Proficient knowledge of windows operating environment and Microsoft Office tools.
- Proficient knowledge of job specific systems and tools (e.G. Portal, Fidelity, etc.).
- Overall EE/FE rating on previous year Performance Evaluation"