Embedded Firmware Engineer
Austin, TX 78758
Embedded Firmware Engineer
Description: This position is within our Software Engineering group, where you will work with a small team to develop fully functional prototypes to demonstrate new advanced operation and control for autonomous grid connection, management and regulation.
- Design and implement embedded software for real time operation and control
- Simulating new algorithms for autonomous micro grid power flow management
- Develop unit and system test software
- Validate algorithms using system simulation tools
- Working with hardware engineers to test and troubleshoot prototype designs
- BSCE/BSEE required.
- 5+ yrs experience developing high volume production firmware
- Expertise in C++, C, and Assembly for real time applications with exposure to interrupt service and drivers in embedded software control highly desirable.
- Experience in developing, testing, and debugging bank switched 8051 assembly projects highly desired.
- Able to understand and implement digital signal processing (DSP) concepts in a microprocessor environment.
- Familiar with evaluating CPU versus hardware processing requirements and trade-offs for cost effective designs.
- Ability to troubleshoot firmware related issues within complex systems.
- Ability to unit test code and hardware both with and without external test equipment such as oscilloscope, power meter, etc.
- Familiarity with software development processes. E.G. Agile, Structured, Object Oriented, etc.
- Familiarity with development tools such as Keil, GCC, GDB, Eclipse, GNU Make, etc.
- Familiarity with software code management tools such as GIT, Mercurial, etc. Able to carry a design task from concept to implementation.
- Ability to document engineering requirements, document solutions, and test new firmware designs.
- Experience with power electronic systems would be an advantage.
- Experience with solar inverters would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Python for test automation would be an advantage.
- Experience with 32-bit ARM processors and 8-bit 8051processors would be an advantage.
- Experience with UL1741, IEEE1547 and other solar related standards would be a definite advantage
With nearly 20 years of success in the staffing industry, Peyton Resource Group focuses on matching talent to the precise needs of our clients. Your success is our commitment, and we back up that commitment by only recommending opportunities that align with your goals. Our candidate-centric approach ensures you are in the driver s seat of your career, and our team of recruiters will partner with you and support you every step of the way.
PRG s dedication to service has been widely recognized throughout the industry. PRG has been awarded ClearlyRated s Best of Staffing award for 5 straight years, as well as the Business Journal s Best Places to Work in Dallas, San Antonio and Austin.