Embedded Software Developer
Austin, TX 78758
Embedded Software Developer Austin, TX Direct Hire
Embedded Software development for IoT type device running Embedded Linux. Develop software for the gateway in an advanced on-grid and off-grid power system comprised of PV microinverters, battery storage, load management, and cloud infrastructure. The gateway is core to controlling the configuration, operation, and status within this system.
- Excellent skills/experience developing multi process object-oriented Python, C/C++, and Ruby
- Excellent scripting skills
- Experience with network-based communications in bandwidth limited applications (MQTT, REST)
- Experience with Zigbee, Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, Power line Carrier/modem and other radio-based communications
- Full stack experience desired
- Desired Experience with remote telemetry, fault monitoring, and firmware upgrade systems
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as real and reactive power, power factor, etc, power grid regulations (IEEE-1547, etc) a plus.
Additional Experience Desired:
- Linux build system and management (i.E. Yocto, bit-bake, SaltStack)
- Linux device drivers, kernel development, bootloaders, communication drivers, device configuration management, and wireless communications
- Data logging and monitoring to the cloud
- Both Linux OS and application upgrade and downstream microcontroller updates
- Automated build system, continuous integration, testing support
- Security, PKI implementation, HSM integration, certificates, etc.