Embedded Software Engineer - MSP
Dallas, TX 75243 US
Embedded Software Engineer
About the Job
The Company s product line is looking to hire an experienced Embedded Software Engineer with a focus on motor control and power electronics. In this role, you ll become a key contributor, where your skills and input make a big difference. You ll design embedded software, algorithms, and tools that will be used to address our customers' technical challenges in their end products. And, you will also have the opportunity to define, influence and shape strategic decisions by providing guidance on key technologies to build the most compelling software and tools MCU ecosystem in the market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Having extensive and in depth knowledge of our architecture, IP, and key technologies.
- Interfacing with customers, field, marketing, Apps, and Systems to define a world class ecosystem of Software and Tools solutions.
- Owning the definition and driving the development of motor control software and solutions to address customers' challenges.
- Performing detailed competitive product analyses to understand market landscape and Company s positioning.
- Leveraging pre-silicon platforms, and other methods to prove out concepts and showcase system benefits ahead of device availability.
- Ensuring that software and tools solutions meet safety and regulatory requirements such as automotive and industrial functional safety compliance.
- Providing support on software and tools to customers and field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively across job functions.
- Proven experience designing, developing and debugging embedded firmware, algorithms, demos and/or applications for motor control and power electronics.
- Experience with motor control algorithms such as Trapezoidal and FOC.
- Strong programming skills using C for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience with software development tools such as GIT, Jenkins.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.