Inspector - Fire Sprinkler Systems
Billings, MT 59102 US
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Client is a full-service provider for fire detection, suppression, and security with a full suite of capabilities that includes design, installation, testing, inspections, and maintenance. They serve customers across many verticals on a local, regional, and national scale. They're proud of their well-deserved reputation for quality work thats completed by our talented and experienced installation workforce. Client is a dynamic organization with endless growth opportunities spanning over 70 locations in more than 20 states.
Inspectors are responsible for inspecting, testing, and maintaining fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, and backflows with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Inspect, test, and maintain fire protection systems in accordance with NFPA codes with working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
- Record and report deficiencies of fire protection systems to SFS and Customers.
- Communicate with internal and external customers as well as offsite monitoring companies in a professional manner.
- Proper use and operation of tools required to complete the inspection (heat and smoke detector kit, backflow kit, pump equipment)
- Plan, coordinate, and complete inspections as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Required to be in an on-call status as required by location to handle emergency service and inspection requests
- Ensure company provided vehicle is clean and well maintained as required by company policies.
- Ensure that all assigned tools are safeguarded and maintained.
- Understand and follow SFSs Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Participate in weekly Toolbox talks. Inspectors must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
- Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches.
- Train inspector trainees in all applicable aspects of fire protection.
- Ensure company provided vehicle is clean and well maintained in accordance with company policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent, required.
- NICET and/or state required certification required based on location, preferred. Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 yearsexperience inspecting fire protection systems required. 5+ yearsexperience preferred.
- Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Basic math skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, customer service skills, decision making skills, ability to multitask, ability to meet project schedules, ability to plan and organize, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to train other is required. Communication Skills:
- Must have the ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers. Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer, tablet and read electronic blueprints required. Experience with SalesForce and Microsoft Office is preferred. Other Qualifications:
- Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with SFSs Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, ascend and descend step stools, ladders and stairs, kneel, lift <50lbs, reach above and below shoulders, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Employee is required to see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will occasional be required to balance, crouch, drive, kneel, lift >50lbs, sit, stoop, twist, and work at heights. Work Environment: Frequent local travel and occasional regional and non-regional travel is required. Employee will frequently be required to work inside and outside in hot/cold temperatures and be exposed to loud noises, cramped quarters, dust, fumes and odors, standing on hard surfaces, and electrical hazards frequently. Employees will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, moving machinery, uneven and slippery surfaces. Employee must consistently wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies. Benefits: Client offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, along with an industry leading and affordable benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-Term Disability Employer Paid
- Short-Term Disability Employer Paid
- Additional Voluntary Ancillary Benefits such as Accident and Hospital Indemnity
- Life Insurance for Team Members and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing)
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (Do things right) Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence in the fire protection industry. Client supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job training (OJT) programs for new career-seekers. Many members of our leadership chair NFPA code compliance committees, serve on regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. Client supports employees in their professional development by offering continued development, training, and education by encouraging NICET and other career-advancing certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated team members who want to succeed in a high-growth environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth. Demonstrating the combination of experience, knowledge, and customer service is the key to our performance and helps us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality fire protection services possible to protect lives and property. Client participates in E-Verify & in alignment with our commitment to safety, we promote a drug-free workplace. Client is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.