Lead Android Engineer
Austin, TX 78701
Lead Android Engineer - Austin, TX - Direct Hire
- Act as an Android team lead (defining/implementing/maintaining modern application architecture);
- Mentoring junior team members and contributing to technical discussions (internal/external);
- Writing reusable components, identifying/utilizing open source, and contributing to the same;
- Advocating for Android requirements and design on a cross-functional team;
- Providing thought leadership and making contributions to improve the Android department;
- Driving internal education efforts, ensuring that the team's skills develop to keep pace with changing technology.
- 5-7 years of Android development experience;
- Expert level understanding of object oriented programming, threading/concurrency, unit testing, and modern architectural design;
- Excellent source control discipline and are comfortable using git flow;
- Ability engage in technical discussions with clients and peers;
- Experienced in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and can make technical recommendations based on the needs of the project;
- Experience as part of a Scrum team and understand Agile methodologies.