Lake Preson, SD US
About the role:
We are seeking an Operations Leader for the corn-based ethanol to jet fuel plant at our Lake Preston, SD project currently in development. The position is responsible for all fermentation and hydrocarbon operations within the plant and is a member of the Site Leadership Team. The duties will be performed personally or through others, while supporting our vision, mission, values and objectives of the company.
Who you are:
- Build and lead the organization that will operate the Net Zero 1
- Create an atmosphere of employee engagement, continual improvement, delivering on expectations and personal accountability
- Drive the use of Behavior Based Safety to ensure a safe working environment for all employees
- Responsible for supporting the EH&S, Quality, Operations and Maintenance functions including identifying opportunities for improvement, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews
- Coordinate with EH&S Manager to ensure compliance with all city, county, state, and federal regulations are met at all times and all systems for regulatory and environmental compliance are maintained
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented interaction with co-workers
- Support and lead efforts to maximize plant performance through engaging a variety of experts, facilitating creative problem solving, and implementing process changes in a safe manner
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and maintenance.
- Work in a team-oriented environment with a demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve high levels of efficiency, quality, and safety
- Hold self and others accountable, take and give critical feedback
- Eager to expand knowledge and skills outside of normal duties. Seeks outside expertise whenever possible to ensure best practices are understood and implemented
- Prepare and deliver information in a concise, accurate and professionally written format and present information in an informal setting
- Analyze and develop solutions to problems independently and as a team with a strong perspective on financial impact of those solutions
- Significant time spent in plant which requires climbing ladders and stairs, working at heights, working in confined spaces, and working in extremely hot and cold environments - depending on weather conditions around a variety of chemical industry equipment.
- Provide strong leadership and exhibit passion for developing others through coaching and training
- Ensure successful recruitment, training, onboarding, and retention of employees.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Utilize Corporate resources as needed to achieve desired results.
- Ensure subordinate managers hold their teams to expectations around providing constructive, and consistent feedback to their employees.
- Ensure achievement of KPI s and targets, including sustainability and carbon intensity.
- Provide technical support to the Hydrocarbon and Fermentation Areas
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor s degree in Petroleum, Chemical or related Engineering field
- At least 8-10 years of experience in at least one of the following areas (preference to individuals with experience in more than one):
- Fermentation and propagation including thorough understanding of grain milling & handling, enzymatic processes, CIP/SIP systems, etc.
- Hydrocarbon or similar processes such as catalytic reactions, distillation, dehydration, dimerization or hydrogenation
- Hydrocarbon tank farm management, loading, logistics and shipping
- Previous experience as an Operations, Facility, or other Asset Manager
- Knowledge of jet fuel and gasoline specifications
- Strong organizational, project management and budgeting skills
- Competency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn and use new software applications
- Experience in operating data historian is a plus but not required
- Willing to expand knowledge and skills outside of normal duties
- Knowledge and stewardship of PSM-regulated facilities and programs.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Must be able to climb ladders and steps and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to outside work environments which could include cold, heat, wind, rain, snow and slippery surfaces
- Ability to sit, climb, crawl, stoop, lift up to 50 pounds, be able to detect changes in plant sounds and visually discern color variations in products
- Individual will be exposed to high noise levels
Who We Are
- We are People First
- We are Mission-Focused
- We are Agile
- We are Innovators
What We Offer You
- Free health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance for employee and family
- 22 days of sick and vacation time plus 10 paid holidays
- 401k contribution plan
- Annual incentive plan, based on Company performance
- Paid community service time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team