Lewisville, TX 75007 US
As a Panel Designer, you will play a crucial role assisting most aspects of panel design projects by producing panel drawing documentation for production and customers.
- Reads and interprets customer diagrams and documentation and communicates with project team to understand objectives and preferences.
- Confer with engineering staff, manufacturing staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Provides guidance and assistance to other designers and drafters.
- Provides guidance and assistance to production on all aspects of the panel design.
- Selects Parts and interpret vendor cut sheets to determine functionality of components.
- Uses AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical to create and update CAD drawings.
- Develops panel layout and detail drawings.
- Develops PLC module and electrical drawings.
- Performs panel power and heat calculations.
- Performs updates to panel layout and detail drawings based on markups in accordance with company and customer standards.
- Performs updates to PLC module and electrical drawings based on markups in accordance with company and customer standards.
- Performs self and peer review checks of panel drawings.
What You Will Bring
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2-5 yearsexperience as a design drafter
- Proficiency in AutoCad
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- Must be capable of reading customer architectural and mechanical plans
- Must have working knowledge of drafting fundamentals including orthographic views, standard dimensioning practices, scaling plus English and metric units of measure
- Must be capable of reading and understanding customer requirements in the form of quotations and specifications
- 2-year technical associate degree
- 5 yearsexperience as a design drafter
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Generous PTO
- Numerous culture events
- 401k matching and more!