Power Delivery Lead
San Diego, CA US
Engineer II (5-8 yearsexperience)- $85K-$110K
Engineer III (8-15 yearsexperience)- $110K- $145K- P.E. Now required
Engineer IV (15+ yearsexperience, P.E. Required)- $145K-$165K
While under the supervision of the Power Delivery Director, the role is responsible for all West Coast Power Delivery Group substation, transmission and distribution projects, business development efforts, proposal creation, power delivery project development and client development for power delivery group and includes ensuring that any requirements are met during execution of the project.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess and maintain broad and in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and standards related to utility power transmission, substation, distribution systems.
- Process development related to utility power transmission, substation, distribution systems.
- Design of transmission line systems, substations, switching stations, and utility distribution systems (overhead and underground).
- Develop concept design alternatives, engineering calculations, analysis, and engineering estimates for major capital upgrade projects for transmission, substations and distribution systems.
- Perform site surveys for major upgrade projects, develop concept design, and present the design to management and the client.
- Understand GIS database for large-scale electrical distribution systems.
- Prepare complete cost estimates for large-scale electric transmission, distribution and substation projects.
- Keep up-to-date with utility industry standards and codes. Enforce and maintain all applicable standards and codes for O&M, replacement/renewal and new installations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of power system protection and relaying schemes for electrical distribution system.
- Develop/review complex electrical system models and validate various system study findings/recommendations.
- Develop electrical specifications for major electrical equipment
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor and construction personnel.
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation.
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders.
Bachelors Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent and 8 years of related working experience.
Working knowledge of applicable discipline engineering software.
Excellent communication skills
Extensive overtime may be required.
Travel will be under 25%
Personal Soft Skills
Project Leader/Team Leader
Client Interface / Communication Skills
Supervisor Skills/Management Skills
Company Loyalty/Practice Core Values
Team Worker/Communication Skills
Learning New Skills/Self Starter
Marketing Skills/Business Development
Travel as Required-Willingness/Ability
Work Hours RequiredWilling to Work OT
Department Requirements / Professional Skills Required
PLS-CADD Software Skills
AutoCAD 2D Skills
AutoCAD 3D Skills
Budget and Schedule Management
Microsoft Office Software Skills
Cable Design, Sizing and Selection
Microstation 2D Skills
Checking Skills (Dwgs & Specs)
Microstation 3D Skills
Code and Regulation Knowledge
Mining Industry Knowledge
Commercial Design Knowledge
OH Line Distribution Design
Construction/Job Site Experience
Panel Wiring, Layout, & Control Design
Drafting Skills/Drawing Presentation
Power & Control Design, Installation
ETAP Model Bldg & System Analysis
Startup & Commissioning Experience
Industrial Design Knowledge
Instrumentation Wiring, Loop Diagrams
System Power Flow Analysis
Technical & Specification Writing
Knowledge of Construction Methods
Understanding of Department Procedures
X = Skill required for job classification Blank = Not required for job classification