Process Engineer - College Station - On Site
College Station, TX US
Interested in collaborating with Process Engineers to take a wide variety of important projects from conceptual planning to bid-ready documents? Enjoy taking on a wide variety of design tasks related to water and wastewater facilities? Want to make a difference for communities in the heart of Texas and across the state?
Weve got an opportunity for you here in our College Station Water Design Center (WDC).
As part of growing College Station WDC team, youll be part of a project team producing designs for water and wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, lift stations, and other ancillary infrastructure associated with water and wastewater projects. Youll be engaged in design calculations, hydraulic modeling, facility layouts, equipment selections, managing and coordinating support discipline activities, coordinating with equipment vendors and regulatory agencies, and performing quality reviews. Youll travel occasionally when a project requires a site assessment as well as support during construction.
What youll do:
- Design of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Develop design criteria from analysis of water and wastewater process modeling data
- Support of water and wastewater process evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Chemical storage and feed system design
- Blower sizing and blower system design
- Piping and instrumentation drawing production
- Specification and Contract document preparation
- Support of construction projects
- Oversee the development of construction drawings, and 3D models
What youll bring:
- Bachelors degree in civil, environmental, chemical, mechanical, biosystems, or agricultural engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- 5+ years of related direct design experience
Bonus points if you bring these, too:
- Masters degree in civil, environmental, chemical, or related engineering discipline.
- Experience with biological modeling software such as BioWin, GPS-X, and Sumo.
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software such as Visual Hydraulics.
- Design experience of water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team comprised of civil, structural, building mechanical, electrical, and Instrumentation and control disciplines.
- Active participation in local professional organizations.
- Strong communication skills as required to collaborate project designs with multi-discipline project teams
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
Our WDC offers you professional growth opportunity
Specializing in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies, the WDC is a knowledge-based hub that excels in producing highly technical, multidiscipline water and wastewater designs. Team member communication and coordination is constant, providing ample opportunity for your professional growth and a dynamic, fun work environment.