Process Mechanical Engineer - College Station, TX - On Site
College Station, TX US
Interested in collaborating with Senior Process Mechanical Engineers to take a wide variety of important projects from conceptual planning to bid-ready documents? Enjoy taking on a wide variety of design tasks related to water and wastewater facilities? Want to make a difference for communities in the heart of Texas and across the state?
Weve got an opportunity for you here in our College Station Water Design Center (WDC).
As part of growing College Station WDC team, youll be part of a project team producing designs for water and wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, lift stations, and other ancillary infrastructure associated with water and wastewater projects. Youll be engaged in design calculations, hydraulic modeling, facility layouts, equipment selections, managing and coordinating support discipline activities, coordinating with equipment vendors and regulatory agencies, and performing quality reviews. Youll travel occasionally when a project requires a site assessment as well as support during construction.
What youll do:
- Design water and wastewater treatment processes
- Evaluate, select, and implement water and wastewater process equipment
- Design pump stations and pump selection
- Design chemical storage and feed systems
- Design of blower systems and blower sizing
- Select mechanical equipment
- Produce process flow diagrams
- Produce piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Prepare specification and contract documents
- Support construction projects
- Oversee the development of construction drawings and 3D models
What youll bring:
- Bachelors degree in civil, environmental, chemical, mechanical, or biosystems/agricultural engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 5 or more years of direct experience designing lift stations, booster pump stations, chemical feed, and water/wastewater treatment facilities
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software such as Visual Hydraulics
- Professional Engineer Licensure (PE)
Bonus points if you bring these, too:
- Masters degree in civil, environmental, chemical, mechanical, or biosystems/agricultural or related engineering discipline
- Certification as a Pump Systems Assessment Professional
- Experience using Bluebeam software
- Experience working with a diverse disciplinary team, including civil, structural, building mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation and control disciplines
- A record of active participation in local professional organizations
Our WDC offers you professional growth opportunity
Specializing in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies, the WDC is a knowledge-based hub that excels in producing highly technical, multidiscipline water and wastewater designs. Team member communication and coordination is constant, providing ample opportunity for your professional growth and a dynamic, fun work environment.