Houston, TX 77043 US
This role has 2 major areas of focus: (1) implementing engineering changes to the shop floor and (2) managing all data inputs that feed the downstream manufacturing teams (Bills of Materials, Routings, Parts / Master Data). The Production Planner will be expected to work in cross-functional teams to coordinate engineering changes all the way through the assembly process. This role requires strong data analysis and spreadsheet abilities to manage large data sets to support the manufacturing process and to trouble shoot any issues not allowing the scheduling or manufacturing processes to take place. This role is also responsible for converting Engineering Bills of Materials to Manufacturing Bills of Materials for all new product introductions.
Job Qualifications Title
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree.
- MS Office skills--specifically Excel (VLOOKUP s, pivot tables, charts, formulas, etc.) and Access.
- MS Access: ability to create and maintain databases that include input forms, queries, and reports.
- Familiar with Engineering functions (Engineering Documentation, Change Notices, BOMs).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-departmental functions and lead cross functional activities.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- 5 to 7 years experience working in change management processes and leading team activities.
- 5 to 7 years experience managing project management tools.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Ability to read engineering drawings and interpret changes to assist in Change Order Management.
- BPCS LX business system experience.
- Experience using an MRP or planning system.
- Experience with PTC Windchill software.