Tempe, AZ 85202 US
Manages and coordinates project resources to ensure project requirements are met on schedule and within budget constraints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Defines project requirements by working with the customer and consulting the plans and specifications if available.
- Develops project proposals by determining time frames, costs, procedures, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Negotiates with vendors to stay within budget for projects and change orders.
- Acts as liaison for inter-departmental coordination of day-to-day operations for assigned projects.
- Communicates with contractors concerning system design issues, wiring specifications, change orders, and scheduling.
- Maintains project documentation and updates with change orders.
- Participates in project review meetings with other contractors and customer representatives.
- Understands staffing for each phase of a project, and works with other project managers and account managers to allocate and coordinate personnel to meet project timelines, budgets, and specifications.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progress is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews change orders and updates pricing to maintain profitability and budget constraints.
- Prepares project reports for senior management, general contractors, customers, engineering firms, and others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of general contractors, engineering firms, and subcontractors.