Senior Process Engineer - College Station, TX - On Site
College Station, TX US
Interested in leading a wide variety of important water and wastewater projects from conceptual planning to bid-ready documents? Enjoy designing for water and wastewater facilities? Want to make a difference for communities in the heart of Texas and across the state?
Weve got an opportunity for you here in our College Station Water Design Center (WDC).
As part of growing College Station WDC, youll lead a project team producing designs for water and wastewater treatment facilities and other ancillary infrastructure associated with water and wastewater projects. Youll be engaged in process modeling, hydraulic modeling, design calculations, facility and equipment layouts, coordinating with equipment vendors and regulatory agencies, coordinating support disciplines and regional offices, and performing quality reviews. Youll travel occasionally when a project requires a site assessment as well as support during construction.
What youll do:
- Design water and wastewater treatment processes
- Perform process modeling and develop design criteria using analysis of water and wastewater process modeling data
- Support water and wastewater process evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Perform hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Design chemical storage and feed systems
- Design of blower systems and blower sizing
- Produce process flow diagrams
- Produce piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Prepare specification and contract documents
- Support construction projects
- Oversee the development of construction drawings and 3D models
- Assist the Process Group Leader in managing and mentoring teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products adhering to standards
What youll bring:
- Bachelors degree in civil, environmental, chemical, mechanical, or biosystems/agricultural engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Masters degree in civil, environmental, chemical, or related engineering discipline
- 10 or more years of direct experience designing water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Professional Engineer Licensure (PE)
- Experience with biological modeling software such as BioWin, GPS-X, and Sumo
- Experience working with a diverse disciplinary team, including civil, structural, building mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation and control (or I&C) disciplines
Bonus points if you bring these, too:
- Experience using Bluebeam software
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software such as Visual Hydraulics
- A record of active participation in local professional organizations
Our WDC offers you professional growth opportunity
Specializing in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies, the WDC is a knowledge-based hub that excels in producing highly technical, multidiscipline water and wastewater designs. Team member communication and coordination is constant, providing ample opportunity for your professional growth and a dynamic, fun work environment.