Houston, TX 77024 US
Job Type: Full-Time
Onsite/Remote: Onsite in Houston, TX (Possible Hybrid Schedule)
The Senior Solutions Architect is a senior technical resource within the organization and fulfills a coordination and leadership role in the development of big data and web. Extensive technical knowledge and experience in multiple core technology areas and integration, along with strong planning and analytical skills. The AWS Solutions Architect is responsible for data architecture and design and development of data and metadata model as well as ETL requiring multiple technologies. Also works as part of cross-functional teams that deal with the full spectrum of information management technology.
Works with various technical resources across the team to facilitate the development of technical standards. Must have strong communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management, including executive levels. The Architect participates in requirements gathering, discovery, and interfacing with technical and business teams - establishing credibility in terms of experience, presentation and leadership of solutions development. The Architect evaluates proposed new systems and system changes and additions, provides oversight into the decision process, and participates in project implementation.
- Develope key partnerships with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy
- Deliver a project scope that directly supports the key business drivers
- Define the overall architecture
- Define technical requirements, technical and data architectures
- Design and direct the ETL process, including data quality and testing
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within the customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
- Ten plus years of related responsible experience in large corporate systems environments working with large and complex systems.
- Must have at least 3 years of hands-on experience working with AWS
- Must be certified AWS Solution Architect
- Project Management
- Problem solving skills
- Patience, strong customer service skills
- Leadership and client facing skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Time Management
- Interpersonal communications skills
We provide our employees with the benefits they need. From top-tier medical coverage and generous 401(k) contributions to flexible paid time off, we promote a healthy balance between work and life.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- Retirement benefits
- Bonus opportunities
- Casual dress
- Personal development
- Abundant refreshments
- Equity opportunities