Houston, TX 77042 US
- Under the supervision of the Audit Manager, work on client audit engagements to examine and audit accounting records and financial statements of the client company.
- Work with generally accepted accounting principles and SEC accounting and reporting rules, where applicable, and financial statement presentation.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Familiarize entry level associates and interns on audit processes.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client s business.
- Proactively interact with key client s representatives to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other job related duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any field focusing on statistical analysis and computational techniques
- 16 months of recent work experience, encompassing 2 audit busy seasons, in the field of accounting, with exposure to various responsibilities in public accounting.