Houston, TX 77042 US
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Collaborate to plan objectives and strategies on multiple engagements and appropriately address risk.
- Plan, execute and complete external audits in a wide variety of industries.
- Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and team goals.
- Maintain communication with clients to set expectations and ensure that deadlines are met as well as develop long term relationships.
- Monitor team progress and hours allocation and alter accordingly while maintaining cooperative relationships.
- Review all work before submission to Audit Partner for further review.
- Use experiences gained to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.\
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills for self and staff.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5 years of recent work experience in the field of accounting, preferably as an auditor at a public accounting firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.E. Excel).
- SEC audit experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with strong communication and excellent client and project management skills.
- Knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAP and GAAS.
- Advanced working knowledge of technical literature.
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- CPA certification (active) required.