VP of Land Development/Acquisition
Grapevine, TX 76051 US
Role: VP of LAND DFW
Salary: Base + 50-100% STIP
Onsite/Remote: Must be local to DFW
The Vice President of Land reports to the Division President and manages the Land Development and Acquisition Teams through engineering, entitlement, and development processes. Needed to supply lots and land. This position will network within the real estate industry to identify growth opportunities and submarket expansion. This individual will have experience in the industry and solid market contacts that will assist in expanding the companys growth.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, and other duties may be assigned)
- Collaborate with leadership to create an annual strategic land plan to support each divisions strategic plan.
- Manage the land development department, including department operations, budgets, staff development, and oversight.
- Oversee all land development budgets and schedules. This includes grading, wet utilities, dry utilities, streets, curb and gutter, sidewalks, and landscaping.
- Prepare, interpret, negotiate and secure all land-related
- Work effectively with engineers and contractors to ensure land development is on time and within budget.
- Establish, maintain and track development from inception through completion. This includes performing final development inspections, reviewing punch lists, and closing out the project.
- Interact with governmental agencies to obtain land use approvals, including zoning and platting, with city staff, planning and zoning commissions, and city councils.
- Work in conjunction with the land acquisition team.
- Network and develop relationships with brokers, peers, land developers, and homebuilders.
- Attend MetroStudy, RSI, and other key real estate briefings to stay current in submarket development.
- Become proficient in MetroStudy database software and ther company tools to assist in sub-market analysis.
- Oversee weekly land meetings.
- Monitor financial information for each land development project.
- Education: Bachelors or Masters degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business, or related degree path
- Experience: 5 yearsexperience in Land Development/Acquisitions Director level role or higher
- Language Ability: Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- Math Ability: Ability to apply basic concepts of basic geometry and algebra in applied math situations;ability to interpret charts and graphs relaying quantitative data;ability to determine key variables necessary to draw conclusions from data.
- Reasoning Ability: Strong ability to solve practical and complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and appropriately seek to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Interpersonal: Must be able to work effectively with CEO, President, Sr. Vice President of Land Acquisition, other Land Acquisition Managers, Real Estate Brokers, Land Developers, engineers, and technical professionals. Handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Communication: Extraordinary communication skills, both orally and in written form.
- Computer Skills/Equipment: Proficient knowledge of word processing (Word), spreadsheet software (Excel), E-mail and Internet. Knowledge of computer-based GIS, Google Earth, and mapping software desirable.
- Certifications/Licenses: Real Estate license not required but desirable
- Knowledge of residential and mixed-use real estate Acquisition process in the greater Houston metro area.
- Knowledge of local and regional business and political environment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.